Do you ever feel like you're doing everything right, but your website isn't gaining traction?
Like you're stuck in a rut and can't figure out why?
It's frustrating, isn't it?
Fortunately, you can do a few things to turn things around.
Today, I'm going to share some tips on improving your website's ranking and getting it to the top of Google.
Pro tip #1. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly
In today's fast-paced digital world, ensuring your website is mobile-friendly is more important than ever.
That means designating a specific version of your site for users on the go with a layout that's easy to navigate on a small screen.
No one wants to zoom in and out or squint to read text on their phone, so keeping things simple is critical.
Google has a great new tool to help you test your page for mobile friendliness.
Just enter any URL at https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly, and it'll tell whether or not visitors have trouble using the site on their phones!
By taking the time to make sure your site is mobile-friendly, you'll keep your users happy – and coming back for more.
Pro tip #2. Optimize for On-Page SEO
You can improve your website's ranking on Google by optimizing the pages on your website. This is called “on-page SEO.”
To optimize your website, you can use your main keyword in the headline of each page, as close to the beginning as possible. You should also use it in the URL and at least one subheadline.
Another thing you can do is include your main keyword and related keywords throughout your body copy, subheadlines, and image alt text. But be sure to write in a way that makes sense so that Google understands what you're talking about.
Looking to find winning keywords to target but don’t have the budget for paid tools?
Google Keyword Planner is great for this. You can enter any ‘seed’ keyword and see tons of keyword suggestions, plus search volumes.
Using this information, you can target your marketing efforts more effectively and see an improvement in your rankings.
Pro tip #3. Optimize for Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO is about making your website more visible and attractive to Google. One way to do this is through guest blogging.
By writing guest posts on high-authority sites, you can show Google that your website is a credible source of information. This will help improve your organic search rankings and increase traffic from Google.
You can also improve your off-page SEO by sharing your content on social media. When you share your content, it will help to increase your reach and visibility.
Additionally, sharing your content will help build your site backlinks, which are an important ranking factor for Google.
Finally, influencer marketing can be a great way to improve your off-page SEO.
By working with influencers in your industry or local market, you can get your content shared with a larger audience.
This can help to increase brand awareness and improve the ranking of your website on search engines.
Pro tip #4. Add images and videos to your content to break up the text and add visual interest
Incorporating images and videos into your content can be a great way to make it more interesting.
Not only do they break up long blocks of text, but these additions also help illustrate points while making it easier for readers to retain information.
So next time you're creating blog posts (or any other type) think about how adding some visuals could really bring home what's being said.
Pro tip #5. Optimize your website for speed – people don't like to wait for slow websites
Page speed is an important ranking factor and will affect SEO performance and conversion rates.
If you visit a website that takes too long to load, then there's no reason for people stay on your site since they'll eventually click away in frustration or give up altogether if forms don't submit due to their slow loading speeds (or any other issue).
Google has recently launched Page Speed Insights tool, which provides invaluable insight into how fast websites run across all devices – giving us specific tips about what resources may be slowing down our pages so we can fix them quickly!
Pro tip #6. Get quality backlinks
If you're looking to improve your website's SEO, one of the best things you can do is focus on getting quality backlinks.
Backlinks are links from other websites to yours and play a significant role in determining your site's ranking in search engine results pages.
The more high-quality backlinks you have, the better your chances of ranking highly.
But how do you go about getting quality backlinks?
Here are a few tips:
1. Reach out to influencers and experts in your industry. Getting these industry leaders to link to your site will go a long way in boosting your authority and credibility.
2. Create informative and shareable content. The more valuable and engaging your content, the more likely other websites will link to it. So make sure you're regularly publishing high-quality blog posts, infographics, videos, etc.
3. Submit your site to relevant directories and listings. This will help ensure that your site appears in front of people who are already interested in what you have to offer.
Following these tips should help you build a healthy backlink profile that will benefit your SEO efforts in the long run.
Pro tip #7. Use call-to-action buttons on your pages to encourage visitors to take action
The call-to-action button is one of the most essential elements on a webpage.
The button tells visitors what you want them to do next.
If you want people to take action on your website, you need to use an effective call-to-action button.
Here are some tips for creating an effective call-to-action button:
1. Make it big and bold. The call-to-action button should be large and prominently displayed on the page. It should be easy to notice.
2. Use contrasting colors. The call-to-action button should be a different color than the rest of the page. This will make it stand out and grab attention.
3. Use persuasive language. The text on the call-to-action button should be clear and concise. It should tell visitors exactly what they need to do. For example, “Click here to download our free e-book.”
4. Make it clickable. The call-to-action button should be linked to the desired action. For example, the button should link to the signup form if you want visitors to sign up for your newsletter.
5. Test it out. Remember to test your call-to-action button to see if it's actually working. Try different versions and see which one gets the best response from visitors.
By following these tips, you can create an effective call-to-action button to encourage visitors to take action on your website.
Now that you know the top website optimization tips to improve your rankings, it’s time to get started.
Just remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is a high-ranking website. But with a little patience, consistent effort, and these expert tips, you’ll be on your way to the first page of Google in no time.